November 18, 2008

Blogs I Love

I love good writing. And good storytelling. And no, they're not the same thing, although when both are done well, they take my breath away.

I've added two blogs to my blogroll, bringing my total up to, um, two. Both, in my opinion, are life-stealers. Both have at various times absconded with huge quantities of my time. Enter at your own risk.

"Somewhere on the Masthead" is written by the Magazine Man, someone who earns his living writing for publication. How he has anything left over for a blog is beyond me, but he writes a terrific story. Not to be missed are his stories about The Mighty Blaze. For a white-knuckle ride through what a man will do for his dog, click on the "Blaze" icon, then scroll down to "Fetching Blaze." This is a three-hanky story. Make a pot of coffee and settle in.

I discovered "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman" via a website about food. Although I found some very good recipes on her site, my life took a turn for the better when I stumbled on her running story about how she met and married her husband, The Marlboro Man. Click on the "Love Story" icon. Start at the bottom and work your way up. Don't miss a single episode! Heed her warning -- keep a cold shower handy. Damn that woman, she's not writing fast enough! She's also a photographer. Dig around her website and find "that" picture of her guy. You'll move to the prairie, too.

If you come across similar blogs, please don't share them with me -- I have a full-time job!

1 comment:

Carole said...

O you read MM's blog! I hoped that you would like it. The "October Stories" are really good too.

I lost track of you for a couple weeks, good to find you again. I'll be out your way again soon - let's get together!